Miami Dade College’s (MDC) acclaimed Miami Fashion Institute (MFI), in partnership with the Miami Fashion Film Festival (MIAFFF), will host Fashion Film Fridays, a new bi-weekly series kicking off at 6 p.m., Friday, Feb. 10.
The series features a curated selection of fashion film shorts and documentaries that inform and address prevailing topics within the industry. It also highlights how film has become an integral part of fashion campaigns, brand storytelling, and marketing fashion across multiple digital platforms.
Following is the schedule for Fashion Film Fridays:
- Feb. 10 - Introduction to Fashion Film (various films)
- Feb. 24 - Runway Afrique: The Story of Africa Fashion Week New York (2012): A documentary recognizing the lack of diversity in fashion and a woman who embarks on a journey to add color to the runway. – Building 1, Room 1261 Auditorium
- March 10 - Revealing Marie Saint Pierre (2016): An art documentary about Quebec fashion designer Marie Saint Pierre.
- March 24 - Theme: Innovation and Technology (various films)
- April 7 - True Cost (2015): A documentary film exploring the impact of fashion on people and the planet.
- April 21 - Theme: Artisanal Craftsmanship (various films)
Fashion Film Fridays are scheduled for 6 p.m., at MFI, 315 N.E. Second Ave., Room 8401, except on Feb. 24, when the event will be held at 6 p.m., at MDC’s Auditorium, Building 1, Room 1261.
MFI is an international fashion hub and the only one of its kind at a public higher learning institution in Florida. Housed at MDC Wolfson Campus, MFI offers Associates of Science degrees in Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandising. MFI works with local and international designers to develop a 21st century skilled workforce that supports industry growth and demand. To learn more, visit www.mdc.edu/fashion or RSVP at email@example.com
MIAFFF is an annual celebration of the films and filmmakers that creatively examine the art, culture, and business of fashion. For more information, visit www.MIAFFF.org