About this Event
Add to calendar
Please join us as we honor and celebrate our Veterans. The 2022 event program follows:
- 11:00 am - Resource Fair and Art Exhibit
- 11:30 am - Opening Remarks by Jamie Mandella, Master of Ceremony and Student Veterans of America Wolfson Campus member
- 11:35 am - Color Guard – University of Miami Army R.O.T. C.
- 11:40 am - Pledge of Allegiance – Alvaro Gonzalez, Chair, Social Sciences
- 11:45 am - National Anthem- Joshua Ho
- 11:50 am - Welcome Remarks- Dr. Beatriz Gonzalez, Wolfson Campus President
- 11:55 am - Student Reflection- Karem Bahgat, Student Veteran
- 12:00 pm- Keynote Address- Richard A. Crusan, Deputy Chief, Public Affairs and Communications, US Southern Command
- 12:15 pm - Closing Remarks- Dr. Sarah Tuskey, Dean of Faculty, Wolfson Campus
- 12:20 pm- Light refreshments and food
RSVP HERE: https://www.bit.ly/mdcveteransday2022
Resource Fair Partners:
- Single Stop
- Vet Center-Miami
- The VA Hospital
- University of Miami AF ROTC
- Mission United
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools - Office of Postsecondary Career & Technical Education
- Vet Center-Fort Lauderdale
- International Education/ Study abroad
MDC Learning Outcomes met:
- #4: Formulate strategies to locate, evaluate, and apply information.
- #5: Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures, including global and historical perspectives.
- #7: Demonstrate knowledge of ethical thinking and its application to issues in society.