11011 SW 104th St, Miami, FL 33176
Experience the newly renovated Learning Commons space, meet with tutors and librarians and learn about the resources and spaces available. Attend the first Open House Learning Commons Challenge and take part in an interactive scavenger hunt, take part in arts and crafts, and help us name one of our new spaces. Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Learning Commons Challenge Kick-Off
Bldg 2 · 1st Floor
In-person scavenger hunt using the GooseChase app. Game code will be shared during the event. Different missions receive points: text, photo, GPS and chance to win prizes and a raffle.
Scavenger Hunt Activities:
· Take a selfie with the Remote Tutor page and upload to GooseChase
· Make an appointment with a Writing Tutor
· Find Finn (cut out) in library stacks and take a Shelfie
· Ask librarian for something odd (ex. oldest book title)
· Take a TikTok or Boomerang video with a staff member
· Create a meme that shows us you’re in Learning Commons, without telling us you’re in the LC
· Visit Pop-up Library
· Hashtag #MDCKendall
Design Your Own Mask
Library · 2nd Floor
Use puffy paints and tie dye, let your creativity soar! Prizes and winners will be displayed on Library fabric walls.
Name That Space
Help Learning Commons name the new creative idea lounge by writing ideas on the white boards in Room 2119.