About this Event
Add to calendar
In this workshop, participants will build content in the Canvas LMS that is ADA compliant, so it is accessible to all students. Topics also include best practices in course design, Syllabus options, building and leveraging modules, and use of the Rich Content Editor.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Post your ADA compliant Syllabus to Canvas
- Create modules and add different content items such as pages, videos, and links
- Add ADA content to the Rich Content Editor and use the Accessibility Checker
- Leverage modules to track student progress and provide easier student navigation
- Add voice and video content to enhance the students’ learning experience
- Publish, share, and copy content with other courses
- Identify best practices of course design in Canvas using the QM and Canvas Checklist
- Access the faculty and student support resources
This is a self-paced, fully online workshop.
Last Enrollment Date: 5/3/22
Class Ends: 7/29/22
If the session is a self-paced training:
24 HOURS AFTER REGISTRATION: To get started with your self-paced online training, please visit https://mdc.instructure.com from the Dashboard click on Canvas session that you enrolled in.
To receive the Canvas Core Sessions Certificate, you need to complete 5 sessions: CAN1001, CAN1002, CAN1003, CAN1004, CAN1005
Time: 4 Hours (FPD)