About this Event
Add to calendar
This workshop introduces faculty to the grading and feedback tools in Canvas. Participants will learn how to use the Canvas Gradebook, the Speed grader, the annotation tool, and the Early Alerts and Interventions (EAI) features. In addition, faculty will learn how to create student reports, and use Canvas analytics.
In this Canvas workshop, participants will learn how to create and submit assignments and discussions, as well as how to use the Groups feature to organize student group work. In addition, participants will explore best practices in course design following the QM and Canvas Checklists.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List the steps of creating Assignment Groups and add different weights appropriately
- Create an assignment and adjust for different settings
- Identify the different online submission types
- Distinguish between Due Dates & Availability Dates
- Set up and manage assignment groups
- Set various assignment rules
- Create and manage discussions for the entire class or different groups
- Discuss best instructional design practices
This is a self-paced, fully online workshop.
Last Enrollment Date: 7/28/22
Class Ends: 7/29/22
If the session is a self-paced training:
24 HOURS AFTER REGISTRATION: To get started with your self-paced online training, please visit https://mdc.instructure.com from the Dashboard click on Canvas session that you enrolled in.
To receive the Canvas Core Sessions Certificate, you need to complete 5 sessions: CAN1001, CAN1002, CAN1003, CAN1004, CAN1005
Time: 4 Hours (FPD)
No recent activity