About this Event
Add to calendar
During this first Canvas workshop, participants will learn how to get started in the learning management system. Topics include a thorough tour of many of the Canvas features. The technical requirements will be covered, how to log in and set up your profile, orientation to the Canvas environment, use of specific tools, how to copy courses from one term to another, and much more. Additionally, the workshop will reinforce the hallmarks of a well-designed course throughout the session.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Find support for faculty and students
- List the minimum technical requirements for Canvas
- Log in to Canvas
- Navigate the different areas in Canvas such as the Global Navigation menu, the Course navigation menu, and adjust the settings
- Use a few of the communication tools in Canvas such as: Announcements, Calendar and group assignments, and Course Conversations (Inbox)
- Set up your course(s) or account with appropriate settings and notifications
- List the steps of copying courses from one term to another
- Identify best practices following the Quality Matters and Canvas Checklists
This is a self-paced, fully online workshop.
Last Enrollment Date: 5/2/22
Class Ends: 7/29/22
If the session is a self-paced training:
24 HOURS AFTER REGISTRATION: To get started with your self-paced online training, please visit https://mdc.instructure.com from the Dashboard click on Canvas session that you enrolled in.
To receive the Canvas Core Sessions Certificate, you need to complete 5 sessions: CAN1001, CAN1002, CAN1003, CAN1004, CAN1005
Time: 4 Hours (FPD)