About this Event
Add to calendar
This workshop introduces faculty to the grading and feedback tools in Canvas. Participants will learn how to use the Canvas Gradebook, the Speed grader, the annotation tool, and the Early Alerts and Interventions (EAI) features. In addition, faculty will learn how to create student reports, and use Canvas analytics.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Set up assignment groups with appropriate weights
- Set up the gradebook to record students’ grades
- Establish a late policy and a grade posting policy
- Grade assessments and assignment groups
- Provide feedback to students using the annotation and comments features
- Create and interpret reports using Canvas analytics
- Discuss best instructional design practices using the QM and Canvas Checklists
This is a self-paced, fully online workshop.
Last Enrollment Date: 4/21/22
Class Ends: 4/22/22
If the session is a self-paced training:
24 HOURS AFTER REGISTRATION: To get started with your self-paced online training, please visit https://mdc.instructure.com from the Dashboard click on Canvas session that you enrolled in.
To receive the Canvas Core Sessions Certificate, you need to complete 5 sessions: CAN1001, CAN1002, CAN1003, CAN1004, CAN1005
Time: 4 Hours (FPD)