About this Event
Add to calendar
Strategies for Developing Blended Courses (Certification)is an 8-hour workshop that provides videos, articles and discussions on models and best practices for blended course design and delivery. Participants will develop strategies for designing the "blend" for their own course, identify online resources for lessons and activities, and design and develop the online component for one lesson.
Please consult with your campus instructional designer before signing up for blended certification.
After successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify strategies for blended course design and implementation including MDC Blended Course Best Practices
- Identify at least 2 resources for finding content and activities
- List at least 3 technology applications and tools that can be used to add interactivity to online lessons
- Identify LMS tools for reporting and tracking
- Design and submit a plan for blending one lesson that addresses one course competency and one Learning Outcome for a specific course
- Develop the online component for the lesson and publish to a sandbox course
- Locate and contribute a discipline resource to be included in an ongoing repository
- List instructor responsibility for managing the online component of the blended course
This is a self-paced, fully online workshop.
Last Enrollment Date: 5/3/22
Class Ends: 7/29/22
If the session is a self-paced training:
24 HOURS AFTER REGISTRATION: To get started with your self-paced online training, please visit https://mdc.instructure.com from the Dashboard click on Canvas session that you enrolled in.
To receive the Canvas Core Sessions Certificate, you need to complete 5 sessions: CAN1001, CAN1002, CAN1003, CAN1004, CAN1005
Time: 4 Hours (FPD)